December 31, 2008

2009!

Happy new year! =]

2008 passed really fast and im beginning to miss it already =[
spent the last night of the year at watchnight service worshipping and giving thanks. I think its the best ending to a year, and a best starting as well. While everyone else are at countdown parties waiting to start the year with a bang and fireworks, I love spending the last and first moments in God's sanctuary being still remembering His grace. It is the people as well, spending this time with friends who are more of family =]

Watchnight service was good. Though not the usual youth hype but hymns are nice too! Sharing was very encouraging, knowing what the rest of the church has been doing and going through the past year, as well as knowing how they experienced God's grace.
Then after that we had supper downstairs, and devotion.
Very few people for stayover but we still had fun! =] Sparklers, then the guys went to play soccer while Phileo talked to us. Started asking about him and Pheobe hahahaha contents not to be disclosed but they two are so sweeeeet! =]]
After they finished soccer we came together to and played cards! Table soccer, signal, bang!
Miko was so irritating! He was Pedro so he could get his first card from the discard pile. so once i was jailed, i kept getting jailed again by him!! grr 3 times consecutively okay! hahahaha
So time passed so fast and before i could finish my 4th game of bang Evan's friend gave me a lift home =]

Yay 2008 was really good. The world has been through so much this year, the presidential elections, the bombings, the stock market crash. Singapore has been through so much too like remember the weird spate of enbloc fever at the start of the year haha. It was a tough time but we pulled through so we will continue to in 09!

Personally its been an increeedible year. Dont know how i survived but i did! Firstly, its the terrible Sec 4 year. Been so busy, remember trying to psycho myself to keep doing my work to stop the last minute stay ups, trying to keep up with chemistry and physics because nothing goes in during lessons. Really haven't had much time at home at all the whole year. EOYs was scary because it decided our entrance to hci.

Then there was art. the most amazing thing i've done?? lol seriously! I can't believe I went through all that. Its such an indescribable experience. But im really glad i went through it all, made me a tougher person =] though i really wouldn't want a second experience of that. The 'pre' is exciting, the 'during' is devastating, yet the 'post' is so 'uber-proud-you-pulled-through!!!'
really its something only GAP people understand haha =]]]

And of course there was gym. Im sorry for saying it but was really a very unpleasant time. Just sad when so many of my teammates are injured/uncommunicable, and its so difficult to fix this broken bond when nobody seems to care. Whats more the struggle with my tao, somehow everybody's tao goes down the slump in sec4 and its so difficult to get it back. Like only amanda did it. Injury was devastating, and i still had to force myself to go for trainings for responsibilities sake, though i could only watch. And then there was the power-struggle, which was such a headache to see unfold yet we couldnt really do anything to help.

Wow its been a long tiring year, but yet I have been blessed in so so so many more ways that i tend to be taken for granted. =]
402! the best class i can ask for though we aren't exactly bonded. But I think i've learnt alot from them! Being considerate, being gracious, and the fact that it doesn't matter we aren't the best at the start but just as long as we put in our best effort then we can be proud.
and in this year i got to know so many more people in the class then i did in Sec 3 =]]] as well as get to know eva rachel wingyau jas so much better =]
and theres the same old retarded bunch all the way from Sec 1, still hanging on stronger than ever! :D Im thankful for this sustained strong relationship and really really hope it never will waver.
And my most lovely teammates though we may not be strongly existing as a group, but individually they have blessed me and taught me so much. =]]]
Yay thank God for all these great friends He has granted me, helping me through school and teach me about people and life =] so truly blessed.

And I am so thankful so be able to get over my anti-social tendencies, to be able to open up so much more this year. hahahahahah! I think its so weird im saying this now. Those who know me knows that i was really anti-social la haha couldn't carry out a conversation with a stranger. As the year passed i didn't realise that i kept getting noisier until Rachel told me so, and when I could do presentations without shaking anymore haha. I guess i just really learnt to let go, to not really care that much what people thought about me because its really their perception and i just needed to be able to answer to God =]]
Its a good thing i guess, to be able to be more confident of myself, to get to know others alot more =]

And i think something really sweet was psch reunion! in a way=] my study sessions with ling, having 6i bbq, outings etc.
Then the best thing was finding a certain nattyfatty! =]] whos been so sweet =]]

Im thankful to be given so many opportunities this year to serve in church though i thought i wouldn't be up to it, though i didnt look the part at all. WAMM, youth comm even camp comm. Really opened up my world and got to know so many new people haha though it really seem like i've known them for decades.

2008 has been a blessed year. Hope the same for 2009 =] Many happy moments for all!