December 12, 2004

Kukup Trip

Harlooooo,
On Dec 11, my Dad dragged me outta bed at 6.30am coz we were going on a tour with some of our condo residents. It was supposed to be a Kukup tour but i think we spent most of our time in Johor. Lol. Nvrmind... I was still VERY TIRED after 13 and a half hours of sleep (including 4hours in the afternoon). I had one slice of bread as breakfast before i went down to the tour bus with my parents. My brother didn't want to go so he stayed at home and slept.
Down at the bus there, I got into the second last seat by the window. Actually mi mum sat at the window seat then i said i wanna sit there. After that, i regretted. It was freezing ~~CoLd!!!~~ Nevertheless, i still had my way of getting to sleep in the cold. It was onli until Uncle Chris came givin out goodie bags then i wake up. Harhar... =P Each goodie bag contained 2 packets of tissue, 2 bottles of mineral water, 2 bottles of green/chrysanthemum tea, 2
packets of what i call 'bear bear biscuits', 2 packets of jack n jill potato chips and 2 packets of Cheezels. There was three of us so three goodie bags. Muahahah, no brother, so i can have most of the tidbits to myself. Shiok! =P
So we set off once everyone boarded the bus.
After a VERY loooooong bus journey, VERY LOOOOOONG, trust me, we finally reached our first stop at a small Pewter factory. It was alreadi at least 10am by then (actually the planned time was 8.30am reach there) . Once we stepped into the factory, we could see machines all over + people working the machines. The place was way too small for a factory but *shrugs my shoulder*, they managed. Oh yar, and there were also tin all over the place. The Pewter there was made from 98% tin, 2% copper. There are other kinds of Pewter with different percentage of tin in em.
Yar so this is one of the machines used for polishing the Pewter:
After seeing how they made Pewter, we went upstairs to view the alreadi made Pewter. I liked the salt and pepper shaker!! So cute!! I also like the photo frames, however, we didn't buy any of em home. = [
Next, we sat in the bus for 2hours, with me still freezing. Finally then we reached Kukup! That place is a very small town, but with long stretches of shophouses. The people there live very simple lives unlike our materialized and hectic lifestyles in S'pore. There, we went to what they called a prawn cracker factory. In fact, it was only one of the villager's home. -_- So we bought 3packets. Actually mi Mum din wanna buy coz u needed to deep fry it at home and she didn't have a deepfryer nor she wanted to cover her wok with oil. She usually at home cook with the wok at most only three drops of vegetable oil. Most of the time she onli steamed or use the tiny little electric oven of ours. So we decided to buy and giv it to my granny.
Next up was lunch (if memory serves mi right). I had a fantastic lunch coz i was veryyyy hungry altho i ate ALOT of tidbits in the bus. We had chili crab, sotong ball, some sort of pineapple fish, prawns, etc. I loved the fish ^^! I never liked fish before. =D
After lunch, we took a boat out to sea. Here's our boat:


We went around sea in the boat and here are a snapshots of a fisherman meddling with his net until he saw the boat pass by and looked up Lolz:

We passed by a few fish farms and our guide told us that at every one of these fish farms, there would be guard dogs guarding the farms. And they would onli listen to one man, that is the owner. He also told us that every fish farm had a barcode so that the fishermen won't enter the wrong fishfarms. Wierd right... so here's a very tiny photo of one of the fish farm with two guard dogs. If you look closer you would spot the dogs. (You can click on the photo for enlargement if im not wrong.)

Few minutes later, we reached the fish farm. The planks felt that they would giv way everytime you stepped on em. Scary... Anywayz, then a teen came and introduced all the fish to us. There were some REaLLi HUGE fish. We also saw archer fish!! Yay!! I love em. At another corner, we saw seahorse, pufferfish, horse shoe crab, dog shark, etc. The was also small jellyfishes in another net. The jellyfish and pufferfish were soooo Cu+E! (Altho i like freshwater pufferfishes more ^v^). I couldn't get any clear pictures of the live fish so here are some pics of the seahorse and pufferfish, in mummy form.

So CUTe right? =D
Then we went back to shore, got half an hour of free time to explore the town on our own. We ate coconut and an ice-cream then it was time to go back to the bus liaoz. This time, quite fast we reach the orchad liaoz. I saw coconut, pineapple, durian!! The durian trees were very tall and huge and there were little bunches of fruits hanging from the branches. Sooo CutE!!! Then, we went off, a long ride back to JB.
We reached the Giant hypermarket at around 4. So we had one and a half hour left to shop.) We walked around the building and ate something before we went in Giant. In giant, i bought 3 T-shirts + a windbreaker. Hahaha i finally got 2 dark-coloured T-shirts!!! Mwhahaha!!!... We also bought 6 dvds. Lol gonna watch em during this holidays!
At 5.30, we went back to the bus and then set off to somewhere for dinner. Dinner was also fabulous but i liked lunch more. However, the adults liked dinner more. =} We lagged in the restaurant a bit to see the monkey and parrots. After that, time to go home!!!
It was such a long journey again. Especially at the customs have to queue so long. I was alreadi dead-beat on the bus but the little kids were soooo full of life lorz. Wonder, if every small kid was so hyperactive like them. They were still playing at the back of the bus and making noise. I found a way to sleep anywayz also. =P
Around 10, we finally reached home!!! Yahooo! As usually, once my mum stepped into the house, she started screaming at my brother. I took my bath and went to ZZZZzzzzZZZZZzzzzzZZZZzzzz....... ler.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Yooooozzz,
Today, went to church as usual but the feeling was different. I recognised most of the radicals ^.^! After church, my parents and i went for lunch while my brother stayed in church to learn the dance or something liddat, but according to my knowledge, end up learning drumming. Lol. My parents and i went to AMK that side to have lunch coz we were gonna visit my lil' cousin later!!! =D We had lunch and then met up with my eldest uncle, his two kids, and my grandparents. After lunch, we set off together to my aunt's house. My uncle let us in and not long after, my lil' cousin came outta the room. She's sooooo cute lorzzz!!! Her hands and feet sooo tiny and she weighs 2.8kg. I'm about 14 times heavier than her!! Ahhhh she's so delicate. Actually the little bundle of joy was supposed to come out at christmas eve and become a christmas present for us but she decided to meet us two weeks earlier. She's onli 5 days old today!! >.<
Next we went to Toh Yi to hunt for houses. Waaa... i dun like Toh Yi!... >.<
I'm off! Nitez~!
Signing off,
Jiaqi